Write a note on Pluralism / Characteristics of Pluralism.
Ans – Pluralism is used, often in different ways, across a wide range of topics to denote a diversity of views, and stands in opposition to one single approach or method of interpretation.
Benefice, in the sense of holding multiple ecclesiastical offices.
- Cosmic pluralism, the belief in numerous other worlds beyond the Earth, which may possess the conditions suitable for life.
- Cultural pluralism, when small groups within a larger society maintain their unique cultural identities.
- Economic pluralism, the diversity of economic methods including capitalism, cooperatives and laissez faire.
- Legal pluralism, acknowledges the existence of differing legal systems in the world.
- Methodological pluralism, the view that some phenomena observed in science and social science require multiple methods to account for their nature.
- Pluralism ( industrial relations ), recognition of a multiplicity of legitimate interests and stakeholders in the employment relationship.
- Pluralism ( philosophy ), entirely unrelated positions in monism of metaphysics and epistemology.
- Pluralism ( political philosophy ), the acknowledgement of a diversity of political systems.
- Pluralism ( political theory ), belief that there should be diverse and competing centers of power in society, so that there is a marketplace for ideas.
- Pluralist school, a Greek school of pre – Socratic philosophers.
- Religious pluralism, a term used to describe the acceptance of all religious paths as equally valid, promoting coexistence.
- Scientific pluralism, the view that some phenomena observed in science require multiple explanations to account for their nature.
- Value pluralism, the idea that there are several values which may be equally correct and fundamental, and yet in conflict with each other.
- Pluralistic Community, the school of Gann Academy, in Waltham is a pluralistic community, accepting all.